By observing nature, Mollison came up with several important insights. He observed that natural
|Natural Chicken Poop Smell Remover|
In the 1970's he and his student David Holmgren wrote and published some books explaining his ideas. In the 1980s he published his design manual and started teaching permaculture design courses to spread his ideas around the world. By the 1990s permaculture had started spreading throughout the US, although it's more well-known in other countries around the world. To this day, it's continuing to grow as a global grassroots movement and people primarily learn about it through permaculture design courses and workshops that generally happen outside of academia.
Natural Farming there comes the realization this is not agriculture at all because it wants to go nowhere and seek no victory and, ultimately, it is not about the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings.
|A simple farmer still ahead of his time|
I would highly recommend buying and reading it again and again, because it tells so much facts and common sense of agricultural practices. In other words, its idiot proof to learn the basics of Natural Farming makes it really easy.
There are five principles to Natural Farming;
- No ploughing – because it destroys the cycles of life in the soil,
- No fertilisers – because they deplete the land from which they are taken and disrupt the balance of the soils on which they are used,
- No pesticides – because there are no ‘pests’,
- No weeding – because there are no ‘weeds’,
- No pruning – because a tree left undisturbed knows far better how to grow.